Wednesday, February 14, 2007

3 down .. 3 more to go

Last two weeks have been one of the most hectic of my IIT life. I never expected life will be this hectic when i opted for Electrical Engineering way back in 2003. Since then I have fought an epic battle with filters, fields, transistors, amplifiers, bode plots, modulations, networks blah blah. Although i survived it, the war has been so intense that i have hardly any energy left to pursue a career in technology. So the conclusion is although I am struggling to find my lakshya one thing is for sure, I wont be going for a technical job. :)

Last week i had three assignments submission and as my run of bad luck continues, all were coding assignments. I don't know why, but when it comes to coding i have always struggled. Algorithms and puzzles have always been exciting but when it comes to coding ... it has always made me run for my money. Anyways somehow i managed to complete all of them before deadlines. [:D]. But as always in IIT, when u are done wid ur stuff another one comes calling. This time it was GATE. Another rendezvous with the enemy i am fighting battle with from almost 4 years. Then minors came calling. 3 are over and 3 more to go. Now finally i find some time to relax and so comes the post. Next exam starts sat 1 pm.

Apart from my personal matters it has been a very eventful week in some other matters of my interest, alma matter being cricket. All cricketing nations announced their world cup squad. As far as Indian team is concerned its what everyone was expecting. Their has been a debate about inclusion of Virender Sehwag in the team, was quite expected. But the major disappointment for me has been the inclusion of Anil Kumble. He has been a match winner and is so in test cricket but i dont think he is a utility player for ODI's. Romesh Powar was the best Indian spinner this season by par and was better than kumble be it batting. bowling or fielding. He should have been their.

Apart from that it has been a busy week for India Inc too. Aditya Birla Group's takeover of Novellis for $6 billion, just after TATA's takeover of Corus has created the concept of Indian Multinationals and Indian firms have proved that they are competitive enough to take on the challenge. As a consumer entry of Vodafone into Indian market acquiring Hutch for $19 billions will make Indian mobile market more competitive.

Time to go for now. ll be back soon. Happy Valentines!!

No comments: