Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Karim's Jama Masjid .. simply superb

A long cherished desire was about to be fulfilled and i was anxious will it be up to what i had heard about. We took a rickshaw from Chandni Chowk and through the extremely crowded roads of walled city .. trust me an experiance in itself .. we finally reached gate no 1 of jama masjid. After a few enquiries we finally reached legendary Karim's Jama Masjid which is accesible only through a cramped lane. On the first look i looked to me as just another dhaba, kinda which i frequently see around railway stations in patna. I just thought wtf .. why is it that famous.

However once inside i forgot all that shit. The walls are decorated with newspaper coverages dated long back having recommendations from food critiques and their reviews. Their were a handful of foreigners enjoying authentic Mughlai cuisine. I had a look at the menu and the first thought came into my mind was "what the hell .... damn cheap!!"

Anyway it was snacks time, we ordered chicken tikka, tandoori chicken and mutton barra. Trust me .. forget KFC .. this was finger licking good. I cant describe mutton barra in words, tandoori chicken was without spice and damn good which chicken tikka is always evergreen anyway. We got some mutton biryani packed which I am having right now even after a tank full of food, and even this is as good as others. However the best thing was "Kheer" served in earthen pots, the best one I ever had in my life. Got a few pots packed as well. :)

I am an out n out foodie, i dont give a shit to ambience and little to serive quality. All that matters is the taste on my tongue. On that parameters if i would rate Karim's I ll give them 4 out of 5 .. and a 5/5 specially for kheer. If u like even a tiny bit of sugar, this is a must have whenever you got to a Karim's. Do go their and have a nice time. I agree its a pain in the ass to reach thr but trust me it will be worth it. And if u need any navigation help .. u can reach me anytime. :D

No comments: